Thursday, October 26, 2006

Harold Ford Crashes Maryland Senate Debate!

After the embarrassing incident in which Rep. Harold Ford Jr., the Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, crashed his Republican opponent’s press conference, there now comes word that Ford’s bus has appeared in Charles County, Maryland. Apparently, Rep. Ben Cardin, the Democratic Senate candidate in Maryland, is so afraid of Republican Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, he has asked Ford to substitute for him at an NAACP-sponsored debate.

“I-I-I d-d-don’t have nerves for S-s-steele anymore!” cried an anguished Cardin. I n-n-need my b-b-b-buddy Harold there. B-b-besides, Michael may have that d-d-d-damned d-d-d-dog there again! Harold grew up a lot c-c-closer to Charles County than I did.”

A statement from the Steele campaign said in part, “Cardin is one dog who won’t hunt.” Ford, in response, accused Steele of “having too many bullets.”