Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tagged, Part II

OK, I guess I should write things down about myself instead of making my six-year-old son do it all the time . . . Apologies to Ari for taking so long.

1. I like walking backwards. When we go out for a family walk, my wife and kids go forwards, and I walk backwards in front of them. This way, we can carry on a conversation, they can be my spotters, and it helps relieve back pain as well as exercise different muscles.

2. Some of my favorite sayings: “Life is uncertain; eat dessert first.” “I think it is more exciting not to catch a large fish than not to catch a small one.” “Some of the things I say may turn out to be true.” “Whereas a stopped clock is right twice a day, a clock that runs backwards is right FOUR TIMES a day.”

3. Speaking of the above, I really do have a backwards clock in my office (well, over my cubicle).

4. I have met in real life people who are involved with, or run 11 of the blogs to which I link. I am related to one. Note that two of the blogs to which I link are run by the same person.

5. Dumbest thing I have ever done: In college chemistry lab once I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing. So I managed to hook up the Bunsen burner to the cold water tap instead of the gas. Needless to say, it didn’t light for quite a while.

6. I bought my wife’s engagement ring four years before I met her. You, too, can buy these things in Israel and bring them in duty-free. (I proposed to my wife 4 1/2 months after I met her, but that's another story.)

7. If you see me refer to a story about someone being attacked with a fish, let me assure you that it is a true story.

8. I am a “Jeopardy!” winner. I won one game and a nice trip to Seattle. The year after I was on they doubled the prize money. And now I know who Kenny G is.

Everyone whom I have wanted to tag has been tagged, I think. The rest won't participate anyway.