Monday, October 06, 2008

Clinical Diagnosis: Palin Derangement Syndrome

Hat tip: Alarming News

The Dr. Helen blog at Pajamas Media quotes a request for advice sent from a Democrat mother of three to Salon:

And then came Sarah. My reaction to her, and the way the Republican Party threw her in our faces, and the pandering and hypocrisy that was behind their decision to do so, was immediate, visceral, and indeed, vicious. I have crossed every line I believed should never be crossed in public discourse — I have criticized not only her policies and her record, but her hair, her personal style, her accent, her abilities as a mother, etc. I’ve also begun to suffer personally and professionally. I bore my friends with my constant tirades against her, and am constantly distracted from my work by my need to continually update myself on the latest criticism, and indeed, ridicule, of her. In my hatred for her, I have begun to hate myself. I don’t want this woman ruining my life before she even gets a chance to ruin our country. How do I stop? Is there a self-help group for this? A “Hater”

Interestingly, friends and coworkers are mentioned in the letter, but no husband or family. Those three children of the letter writer must live in an interesting household, to say the least!

The Salon advice columnist comes up with some hokey psychoanalysis of his own and tries to create a Myers-Briggs profile for Governor Palin. Apparently, some of these Myers-Briggs personalities are downright dangerous! Who knew?

All this only confirms a theory of mine that if Sarah Palin did not exist, the angry leftists would have to invent her. She is the latest object of seething anger that dates back to Ronald Reagan, through both President Bushes, and now her. Sadly, I don’t think this will end with Gov. Palin, either. I can only hope that these sad, angry people don’t fly any more out of control than they already have.

I wonder of treatment of these derangements would be mandated under an Obama health plan?

As Tom Lehrer said back in the 1960s, “There are some people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings and I HATE people like that!”