There has been a lot of news lately about new, high (even four-digit $$$$) traffic fines being imposed in Virginia to help pay for transportation. Apparently, despite all the publicity in the press and on the blogs, not all of them have been revealed to the public. So, as a public service, here is a partial list of the more obscure penalties that could result in a big fine for Virginia drivers. Many, but not all of these, were discovered by my six-year-old son.
- Having your dog drive the car
- Smoking and chewing gum simultaneously while driving
- Taking the computer in the car and having it drive
- Driving while using a cell phone and doing any three of the following: coughing, burping, belching, sneezing, farting, and/or hiccuping
- A picture was driving and the picture had hands on it
- Having a panda drive the car
- Having old bumper stickers promoting the U.S. Senate candidacy of Ollie North or Chuck Robb
- Having a trash can drive the car
- Playing Barry Manilow too loudly on the car stereo
- Burning oil, coolant, and power steering fluid at the same time
- Off-road use of a Lincoln Navigator
- Driving a Yugo
If you can find other such violations, please send them to us here at Isophorone Blog.